TERMS OF THE CONTEST
TERMS OF THE CONTEST
TERMS OF THE CONTEST
(referred to: “Contest”)
on Dying Light 2 VK channel
from September 23rd, 2021
By submitting a Contest entry (Contest post), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
Techland spółka akcyjna with its registered office in Ostrów Wielkopolski, address: ul. Żółkiewskiego 3, 63-400 Ostrów Wielkopolski, Poland, entered into the register of entrepreneurs maintained by the District Court for Poznań-Nowe Miasto i Wilda in Poznań, 9th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS no. 0000889260, with a share capital of PLN 175,941,600 (fully paid) and with Tax ID No. (NIP): 6222468959 and Statistical ID No. (REGON): 251546820 (referred to throughout these terms as “Techland”.)
- Contest Description: To become a participant of the Contest, you have to:
- Become a follower of the Dying Light 2 VK channel (available at https://vk.com/dyinglightgame).
- Share the Contest post to your VK page with a reply to the question: „How would a Russian man/woman survive in the world of Dying Light 2 Stay Human?”
- Add to your reply #ХочуDL2.
Contest posts may only be shared on the Contest publication channel: Dying Light 2 (https://vk.com/dyinglightgame), only via your active account on VK.
Contest post should be your personal work (it’s not a team contest). The person submitting the Contest post should be the author of the work (post). You can submit only one Contest post (only one Contest post will be assessed by the jury).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to participants from Russia and CIS (The Commonwealth of Independent States), i.e., participants having a place of residence in this territory. No purchase is necessary. The Contest is open only to those who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry and have unlimited capacity to perform legal acts (i.e. you are able to enter into legal actions). Techland may require/ask you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Contest. Please remember, that you should comply with the laws that apply to you. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from entering the Contest, you must comply with those legal restrictions and refrain from entering the Contest. If you are an employee or close business partner of Techland you are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. You undertake that all the information which you provide to us in connection with this Contest shall be and shall remain complete and accurate in every respect. You undertake that your Contest post will not contain anything (i) that is or could reasonably be viewed as harmful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene or invasive of another’s privacy; or (ii) which you do not have a right to make available lawfully (including any material which infringes the rights of any other). In addition, you accept the decisions of Techland as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Contest.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts on September 23rd, 2021. From this date you can submit your Contest post within the next 14 days. All Contest posts must be received no later than October 7th, 2021, 23:59 Moscow Time (Closing Date). Any Contest posts received after the Closing Date may be disqualified. The winners shall be selected within 3 days from the Closing Date. Until the final end of the Contest, these terms and conditions will be available on https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com/news/terms-of-the-contest/ .
- How to Enter: The Contest post shall be submitted only at the Contest publication channel: Dying Light 2 available on https://vk.com/dyinglightgame, only via your active account on VK. The Contest post must fulfill all Contest and technical requirements, especially required by the VK platform, to be eligible to win a prize. Contest post do not adhere to the rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Techland, in particular if (i) it violates the provisions of applicable law or Contest rules; or (ii) the entry may be considered as discriminatory or offensive, illegal or infringing on third party’s rights.
You do not have to pay to enter the Contest, however you are responsible for any phone or internet charges you may incur. If you are unsure about these charges, you should contact your phone or internet operator before entering.
- Prize: Techland will, in the sole judgment of the juror (jury) – Vlad Korobov, the Dying Light 2 Stay Human Community Manager at Techland, select 13 winners. Please remember, that only authors of Contest posts meeting all requirements of the Contest may be awarded.
Each winner will receive a prize which is a key to the game Dying Light:
- for the authors of the 3 best Contest post chosen by Vlad Korobov – the key of Dying Light 2 Stay Human Standard Edition;
- for the rest of the winners chosen by Vlad Korobov – the key of Dying Light Platinum Edition.
Each winner can choose one key for a platform from the list:
- PlayStation 4;
- PlayStation 5;
- XBOX Series S;
- XBOX Series X;
- XBOX One S;
- XBOX One X.
The prizes can be activated only in Russia and CIS (The Commonwealth of Independent States), because the Contest is open only to participants from Russia and CIS (The Commonwealth of Independent States), i.e., participants having a place of residence in this territory. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted.
Taxes due on the prize according to Polish law will be covered by Techland. Techland is not obliged to cover any other national, federal, state, and/or local fees or taxes or fulfill other duties that do not arise from Polish law. All national, federal, state, and/or local fees or taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of winner.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Techland to use winner’s identification data, in particular name and surname, nickname for promotional and informational purposes, e.g. placing the information about the winner, its Contest post (and information included in it) in particular on the Dying Light 2 VK channel (https://vk.com/dyinglightgame).
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winners will be chosen by the juror (jury) – Vlad Korobov, the Dying Light 2 Stay Human Community Manager at Techland (assigned by Techland), within 3 days of the Closing Date. The jury’s decision is final. No correspondence in connection with jury’s decision will be entered.
The jury will select the winner based on criteria being solely at its discretion, including creativeness, originality, ingenuity, and other features of the entry that make it interesting and outstanding. Entries are assessed by the jury based on the above criteria. For the avoidance of doubt, this Contest is not a game of chance a lottery or any other game referred to in the Polish Act of 19 November 2009 on Gambling Games (in Polish: gra losowa). The winners are chosen by Vlad Korobov according to the above mentioned criteria, excluding any randomness or chance.
The results of the Contest and the information about the winners will be posted on the Dying Light 2 VK channel available on https://vk.com/dyinglightgame and/or on the website https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com/news/terms-of-the-contest/.
The winners will be notified too by Vlad Korobov via direct messages on VK, immediately, no later than within 7 days following the selection of winners. Techland shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings. Each winner will have 3 days from the time award notification was sent, to reply via direct messages to Vlad Korobov, which is a condition to provide a prize to the winner. Techland has the right to not provide a prize to a winner if a winner does not reply to Vlad Korobov via VK direct messages in the above period.
The prize will be sent to the winner via VK direct messeges, within 15 days from award notification the winners.
Receipt of the prize offered in the Contest by the winner is conditioned upon compliance with these terms and conditions. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY WINNER (AT TECHLAND‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The disqualification of the winner or lack of reply to Vlad Korobov to award notification does not mean that Techland is obliged to select another winner in place of the disqualified.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering the Contest and providing the entry (Contest post) you grant Techland a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to use your Contest post and all its elements, in all formats and in any medium of communication. You understand and agree that Techland, anyone acting on behalf of Techland, and Techland’s successors shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, develop, store, make changes (derivatives works), create subsidiaries, sublicense, place in Techland’s products and other works created by Techland or on Techland behalf, and otherwise use, in particular, in any media now known in perpetuity and throughout the World (in particular on social media channels, and on the Techland’s website), without limitation, for any purposes, including for marketing purposes, your Contest post, without any further compensation.
The license is granted to Techland unlimited in time, however it may be terminated by you in writing (under pain of nullity) with a 10 years termination notice, effective on the 31st December of each year.
By entering this Contest, you represent and warrant with the intention that Techland may rely on such representation and warranty that (i) your Contest post is an original work of authorship; (ii) all personal and economic copyrights to the Contest post, are owned by you; (iii) your economic copyrights, referred above, are unlimited and to not harm any third-party rights.
By entering this Contest, you undertake not to exercise your author’s moral rights to the Contest post.
If your Contest post infringes upon the intellectual property right of another person or entity, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Techland. If the content of your Contest post is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Techland from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Techland may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
By entering this Contest you accept, that Techland shall not be obliged to exploit, distribute or use the Contest post in any other way (with no claim against Techland in this regard). By entering this Contest you accept, that Techland may publish the winning Contest post, regardless of its form, in particular, on the Technald’s website, social media, other materials.
- Data protection: By entering this Contest, you hereby acknowledge that any personal information provided by you with reference to the Contest post will be used by Techland for the purpose of the Contest. Techland shall not sell, trade or rent your personal identification information to others. Techland respects your privacy rights, i.e. the right to access, correct and delete information about you or the right to limit processing only to certain operations. You may also ask us to transfer your data or tell us you do not want us to process it at all. Information concerning personal data processing is attached below.
- Terms & Conditions: Techland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical problems or other factors cause corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or possibility to proper conduct of the Contest.
Techland may amend these terms and conditions, in the event of important reasons (among other technical, legal etc.) affecting the efficient conduct of the Contest. In the event of changes to the terms and conditions, Techland will make the consolidated text of terms and conditions available by publishing it here https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com/news/terms-of-the-contest/. The amended terms and conditions will be effective 3 days after publication of the consolidated text on https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com/news/terms-of-the-contest/..
Techland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these terms and conditions. Techland has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Techland reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Techland and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the processing of entries.
Techland will not cover and accepts no responsibility for any potential costs incurred by you in connection with entering the Contest, including preparing and submitting the Contest post and receiving the prize, unless expressly stated otherwise in these terms.
- Disputes: To the extent legally permissible, these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed by the laws of Poland and jurisdiction of Polish courts competent for the seat of Techland. By entering the Contest, you agree that any decisions of Techland, in particular regarding the entries (posts) and selecting the winners are final.
INFORMATION CONCERNING PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) („GDPR”)
- The data controller of personal data is Techland S.A. with its seat in Ostrów Wielkopolski, address: ul. Żółkiewskiego 3, 63-400 Ostrów Wielkopolski, Poland, registered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court Poznań – Nowe Miasto i Wilda in Poznań, IX Economic Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000889260, tax identification number (NIP): 6222468959, statistical number (REGON): 251546820, share capital: PLN 175,941,600 paid in full („Techland”).
- Personal data received from contestants will be processed in order to conduct and adjudicate the contest and/or perform the obligations arising from the contest (Article 6(1) point b) of the GDPR) and include data received by Techland e.g.: identification data (e.g. name, surname, nickname, personal identification number), contact details (correspondence address, telephone number, email address, etc.), communication metadata (e.g. contact date) and its content. Providing data is voluntary, but it may be necessary to enter the contest.
- In the event that processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation incumbent on Techland, for example when in accordance with tax or accounting regulations Techland is obliged to settle (in connection with the contest), the legal basis for processing is Article 6(1) point c) of the GDPR. In turn, when the purposes of processing result from Techland’s legitimate interests, for example the need to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, conducting correspondence, including marketing, conducting market or statistical analyses – the legal basis for processing is Article 6(1) point f) of the GDPR.
- Only authorized employees, collaborators, or advisers (legal, tax, accountants, etc.) gain access to personal data. Techland, as well as third parties working with Techland, for example in the field of IT systems support and service, hosting etc. All of the above mentioned entities gain access to personal data only to the extent necessary. Techland may also be required to provide certain information, including the transfer of personal data, to public authorities for purposes of their proceedings.
- Due to the fact that some of Techland’s contractors may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Techland provides appropriate safeguards for the security of personal data, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission and concludes data processing agreements that meet the requirements of the GDPR. In any such case, there is a right to obtain copies of safeguards used by Techland by contacting Techland, for example via e–mail.
- Techland will process personal data for a period no longer than is necessary to achieve the specific purposes for which they are processed. As a rule, personal data collected for the purpose of conduct and adjudicate the contest are processed for the period necessary to perform the obligations arising from this contest, unless legal regulations, in particular accounting or tax regulations, obligate Techland to process personal data for a longer period and/or until the expiry of the period of limitation of any claims, which results from the generally applicable law – depending on which of the abovementioned periods is longer. The abovementioned periods of data processing may be subject to an appropriate and necessary extension in the case of claims and proceedings, for example court proceedings – for the duration of these proceedings and their settlement.
- The person to whom the personal data relates has the right to access their data and the right to rectification, erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, as well as the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Personal Data Protection Office).
- The Data Protection Officer at Techland can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.